Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Go me, it's my birthday!!

Well yesterday was my birthday. It was a good day!! Jack and I went to the park and played with our friends. Then Jack and I went to pick Dad up for lunch and he took us to the Cheesecake Factory!!! Yumm Yummmm

I had the lunch portion of the four cheese pasta, and Travis had the Navajo sandwich, Jack had a plate of bananas and bread most of which ended up not being eaten but he enjoyed it nonetheless.

We came home for a short time and I got a few birthday phone calls!! It was great to hear from everyone.

I'm a week away from finishing this "mod" at school. Next mod will be my fourth right smack in the middle of the program. I've gotten 100s on all my tests so far and I haven't missed one day, I hope to keep this up for the rest of my time in school. It's hard to believe I'm only four months away from finishing!!

We learned how to do stitches on Monday, putting them in and taking them out. Pretty cool, I gotta admit!

Sylvie my little niece will be undergoing open heart surgery on the 24th. I have complete faith in the medical staff at Children's Hospital of Boston I know she'll be fine. She's a tough kid even though she's wee. I'll keep happy thoughts for everyone involved.

I wish I could be there to help support Paige and Theron while their daughter undergoes this surgery. I know they know that though.

When I was a kid, I was sick an awful lot. I never had anything as serious as open heart surgery, but I wasn't really worried. I knew I'd be ok, i was more concerned about my parents and sister, and that they not worry about me. A lot of times I felt guilty for putting them through the ordeal, but found my circumstances rather interesting.

No wonder nursing is my calling ;)

Jack is phenomenal lately! He's so much fun to be around...for the most part, lol. When he won't sleep at night he's not such a joy ;) He loves Elmo (taken up Sylvie's Elmo love), when he dances its in a spinning circle. He says "Rawwww" whenever he see's a rock or anything similar to a rock, he says "ball" when he sees a ball or a circle. He knows where his hands, feet, ears, tongue, eyes, head, hair, and wee wee are and will gladly point to them to show you when you ask.

Right now he's passed out on our sofa taking a well earned nap, and I'm going to play a round of sports on my new birthday present!!! Travis got me (read us) a Wii!!!!!

I (read we) love it!!! The boxing game is a real workout too, just going a couple rounds and you've broken a sweat and your arms are getting sore and tired. It's super good fun!!
When any of you all come to visit we'll be able to play games, it'll be awesome!!
that's a hint for you all to come visit us ;) ;)

that's all for now, gotta work off my birthday cheesecake!

No comments: